Sonntag, 26. August 2012

Who am I? (:

Hey, :)
well, I thought it might be good if I told you some things about me so that you can get a little, first impression of my personality. I'll also tell you why I have created this blog and what you'll probably see in the following month ;)




So - my name is Yoko, I am 15 years old and I come from Frankfurt, a town in the middle of Germany. I am currently attending 11th grade at my school ( only 2 years remaining till I'll have finished school - great! :D). In my free time I loooove doing sports! I think it's just the best balance to school that you can find :) At the weekend I meet friends or my family, go shopping and to parties - just like all the other 4356265287 girls in the world, right? :D
But the difference is, I have big plans for the future (:
My absolute favourite hobby is travelling! I love visiting other countries, getting in touch with new people, discovering new cultures and getting as many impressions as possible!
But unfortunately, I haven't been on another continent yet - all my life, I've just stayed in good old Europe.. well, Europe isn't boring -  so, don't get me wrong :D But if you're really travelling-mad like me and wanderlust is annoying you each and every second of your life, you just have to see something new - a new, big continent! :)
So, maybe you'd now like to know which continent I'll be visiting soon. Well, the answer is not that easy 'cause actually, I'll make a little 'trip around the world' ;)
It all started when I heard at school that you can participate at an exchange programm to America, San Francisco. From the first second I was soooo enthusiastic and since that day I couldn't get this idea out of my mind (maybe to describe that feeling a bit better: do you know the situation when you hear of something absolutely fantastic, in my case a trip to another country, and your mind already creates pictures in your head showing you when you visit all the new places? and every time you think of 'your dream' again, your mind reshows you the pictures? well, that's what I exactely felt like in this situation). A few month later, I heard that I was lucky and that I could really participate! This was in december - now it is august and there are only 6 weeks remaining :) you cannot imagine how excited I am!
But during all that time there was another plan in my mind - a plan that I created about one year ago and that was like dominating everything else in my life, every single thought that swam in my lonely head: I had begun to inform myself about spending one or half a year abroad, faaaar far away from home. So, during almost 5 month, I felt like I wasn't doing anything else but writing application letters, creating collages about my hobbies and my family, and stuff like that. Then, just about one month after I was accepted in the American exchange program, I heard from one organisation that I got a partial scholarship for half a year in New Zealand! Again, I got that indescribable feeling and I felt so happy that I believed I could hug the whole world :) Well, for me it still seems like an endless period of time till my plane willl take me to my new home for 6 month - but however, days are counted! 'Only' 145 days remainig :O
The funny thing was that - of course - I thought these were my final plans for the future and I would just keep counting days every second till the 7th of october (America) and the 18th of january (New Zealand) - but nooooo, there would be something else going on :b
One lovely day (it was the last school day before the summer holidays started, so everybody was in a good mood and just wanted to get home to say 'goodbye' to school for the next 6 weeks!), I didn't expect anything special, I was going along with my best friend who said she had to meet a teacher when something very unexpected happened. When we got into the room and I saw our choir teacher, I could already figure out what she wanted to do. My friend had to sing a song she didn't know because our teacher had to judge if she was good enough to enter the 'Mädchenensemble' (this is a group of girls apart from the 'normal' choir; me and my friend hadn't joined that group yet). When she had finished, he asked if I wanted to sing too-  Why not?, I thought and when we both had finished he told us that we could participate in the China exchange programme of the 'Mädchenensemble'! I couldn't believe that really happened so fast - and now I've realized that it will be exactely before my trip to New Zealand!

Well, I really didn't want to bomb you with information in my first 'letter', that's why I will tell you more details about my trips in a few weeks, when the first one starts ;)

But to give you some impressions, I'll soon put some photos of my last trips on the Web - a one-month exchange to France and my holiday in Spain (:


Hope you could somehow enjoy reading and sorry, my English is not that good yet :/
Greetings from the center of the EU,
Yoko :))

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen