Montag, 30. September 2013

Last activities in Kiwiland - Orana Park, Hamner Springs, Cooking Competition and saying goodbye :((

Hey everyone!!

I know, it's been ages since my last post and I feel so sorry I couldn't manage to make this post earlier!
Despite that I am back in Germany now I'd like to show you some of my last pictures from the other side of the world :)



Another RHS international trip - Orana Park:
Orana Park is a kind of zoo in Christchurch, similar to Willow Bank.




Orana Park is definitely a special place - you can feed giraffes!!  That's sooo amazing!


If only you could hear the noices
these monkeys were making!! :D











Mooooooore cute animals!! : in Kaikoura! (:
- My hostfamily spent a second weekend with me up in Kaikoura - it was fantastic!
I got to see the most gorgeous thing in the world: the baby seal colony!!! :)

no words to describe this look!!
At least 40 baby seals were playing at the waterfall, jumping around, having little fights and making funny noises all the time - sooo adorable!! 

Kaikoura's coast:





Back in the region of Canterbury, Christchurch:
In order to learn something about Christchurch's stroke, the earthquake in 2011, my friend Ines and I did the guided 'Red Zone Tour' by bus where you were told fact about the impacts on the city, and you could see them:



Each chair stands for one of the victims of the earthquake:

To make Christchurch popular again and to rise people's interest in the city which was especially known for art, the government created the 'ReStart Mall', also known under the name 'Container City':






















As rugby is the country's national sport, some German friends and I decided we had to go to at least one game while we're in New Zealand :D The Crusaders were playing against the Chiefs and of course Christchurch's team won :b

Christchurch's team entering on horses:













Next trip with the internationals: Jet Boating and the hot pools in Hamner Springs!
a lot of fun!!




I spent one of my last weekends with Ines - we went shopping, later to an Italian Restaurant 'La Porchetta' in town, had a sleepover at her place and the next day we participated in the annual 'midwinter swim' at Waikuku Beach! Man, that was a lot of fun!! (;


Midwinter Swim:





With our school we had a French Cooking Competition against other schools in Christchurch, that was very cool! Each school had to perpare one main dishand a dessert with a typical French recipie ;)


We even came in third!!


Our last trip together: the Christchurch Antarctic Center!!


Frankie dressed in the clothes you have to wear in the Antarctic :D


Penguins! (:



the 'snowstorm room'



The 'final activity' with my best friends in New Zealand :(((( We went to the malls, talked a lot, had dinner together at Lonestar and of course - took photos :DD




Bella's family (:
They were nearly like a second family for me, I was always welcome, spend a lot of weekends together with them. I can't thank them enough for their warm-hearted and open attitude and what they've done for me!!!


At the end a huuuuge THANK YOU to my parents who gave me this unique and unforgettable opportunity to spend 6 months abroad in beautiful Aotearoa and THANKS SO MUCH to everyone who supported me in my homecountry, the people I could always count on and of course THANK YOU to y Kiwi friends who made my stay simply awesome!!! ♥

... See you guys soon with a 'Top-10'-report ;)
Yoko xoxo


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen